Sunday, August 31, 2008

Preparing for Launch

I promise that Elder Sawyer truly is alive and well, still, in the MTC in Provo--despite the fact that I have not added any new posts to his blog. I've been "holding out" waiting for his photo card from his camera so I could posts some pictures on his blog this time.
Well, it is just a couple of weeks now until he will be "launched" out into the field in North Carolina. I think he is ready to go! He has served as a District Leader with his companion, then, most recently as a Zone Leader. So I know he's been busy for the past 6 weeks.
His Spanish has been improving, he tells us, and I have it on good authority from Beth Estrada, who opened her door as part of the MTC language training program(shocking Elder Sawyer to momentary silence), that he "spoke very well" during his door approach in Spanish--once he got over the shock that he actually knew the "investigator" he was speaking to ;-D
He was able to sit 4 rows from the front and listen to one of his favorite apostles speak recently, Elder Oaks. He was thrilled to hear his counsel and was especially impressed with how much the Spirit intensified when the apostle entered the room...all amazing testimony-building experiences that this is the true church led by living prophets and apostles.
Elder Sawyer was looking forward to the arrival of Elder Sanchez last Wednesday. He said in an email though that he looked for his names on books that sat on a table waiting for the new missionaries to pick them up and did not see Elder Sanchez name...we had to reassure him in letters that his "brother" was DEFINITELY there and hoped that he would "run into" him soon--at least once before he has to head out to North Carolina.
As soon as we have pictures and an address in the field for Elder Sawyer I will post it here for all...so there will be no excuses for any of you for not writing! ;-D

No comments: