Sunday, January 11, 2009

Overdue Update!

Well, I am a most unreliable "keeper of the keys" to this blog! Apologies to all who have checked and checked hoping to see something new and remarkable, only to come away bored and disappointed. I'll TRY to do better, I promise.
Elder Sawyer is still a positive and enthusiastic missionary, working hard and walking with faith. He's enjoying his new companion, Elder Medina, and learning a great deal about the language and culture from him. Elder Medina is a native speaker and won't tolerate anything but Spanish out of Elder Sawyer's mouth. As a result Elder Sawyer admits that his Spanish has gone from "a 2 to a 6"...not sure if that is a 0 to 10 scale or a 0 to 100; we'll hope it's the first.
His trainer, Elder Shaver, preferred walking; Elder Medina is a biking man and so Elder Sawyer is working on his "crazy huge biker legs."
His Christmas Day was a little quiet but he said he enjoyed a "tasty bowl of Walmart Frosted Flakes" for his Christmas Dinner. He was happy and grateful to have it he said, because Walmart makes the "best." He enjoyed pounds and pounds of goodies sent to him by many of you and so his holiday were not completely without lots of feasting.
He and his companion are still working hard at gathering in the Spanish speaking saints in hopes of organizing a branch some time in the near future.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You do a great job on his blog! I love it.